This is just the beginning of what will hopefully be a long list of free yoga. I’m posting this for those of you who think that yoga may help you in your journey to health from PTSD or Eating Disorders, but aren’t quite sure what yoga is. I’m also posting it because I know that these are hard economic times, and trying out a yoga class at $15 or $18 is not workable.
If you know of a free yoga class at your studio, gym, place of worship, school or other center, please add to this list.
Make sure to check out the comment section to this post for more free yoga!
Check out the Yoga Bear site for information about how to get a free pass to classes, available for all cancer survivors: http://www.yogabear.org/
- http://yogaclass.com/central.html (for some reason, I really love the guy in this video, he seems like he’s seen everything and thinks its all a magical joke)
- http://www.yogadownload.com/ (free 20 minute classes)
- http://www.yogayak.com/node/42 (yoga for sleep, since many with PTSD have nightmares and other sleep disturbances)
- http://www.yogalearningcenter.com/ (one week free yoga pass)
- http://samaryacenter.org/ (all classes are free).
New York City
- Integral Yoga Institute Provides Free Class for the Unemployed – check it out on YogaDork’s blog here: http://www.yogadork.com/2009/04/13/update-yoga-for-unemployed-nycs-integral-yoga-answers-the-call-asks-for-it
Bend, Oregon Seva program (work for practice/class)
San Fransisco (and surrounding area), California:
New York City, New York:
Jefferson City, Missouri
Columbia, South Carolina:
- www.amsayoga.com (discounts for military personnel)
Calagary, Albert, Canada
Colorado Springs, Colorado